TAP's Online Class Details
The State of Illinois and the National Restaurant Association requires all Certified Food Protection Manager exams by proctored by a certified program proctor. It is not necessary to use the training program at their location. This program may be used at your office or home. It is necessary to have a certified Proctor to proctor the examination. There is an additional cost of proctoring of the test, please call for details.
NO REFUNDS on Online Purchases (this includes online class and/or exam)
Once the course is purchased, an email will be sent to you within approximately 24 to 36 providing additional instructions and login information.
Test & Proctoring Information
Please contact Safe Food 101 for rates, time and scheduling. Proctoring Fees are non-refundable, and a deposit may be required to secure the date and time.
Photo ID is required with signature (e.g., driver's license, state ID, military ID, school ID, valid passport or U.S. green card) at the time of proctoring of the test.
The Certified Food Protection Manager test is proctored online using a computer. The student must provide their own computer. Tablets and mobile devices are not compatible for taking the online exam.
TAP Series Food Managers Certification Course – Online
The TAP Series course is to prepare the user for taking the Food Protection Manager Certification exam.
Training covers these concepts:
- Lesson One: The Need For Food Safety Training
- Lesson Two: Foodborne Illness: An Overview
- Lesson Three: Biological, Chemical, and Physical Contamination
- Lesson Four: Common Foodborne Illnesses and Intoxications
- Lesson Five: Hygiene, Health, and Food Safety
- Lesson Six: Purchasing and Receiving Foods
- Lesson Seven: Storing Food and Supplies
- Lesson Eight: Preparing and Cooking Food
- Lesson Nine: Serving Safe Food
- Lesson Ten: Equipment and Utensils
- Lesson Eleven: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson Twelve: Pest Control
- Lesson Thirteen: Facilities
- Lesson Fourteen: Management Control and HACCP Systems
- Lesson Fifteen: Practice Examination
*Online course is available in English or Spanish